Clinical pathology, Immunology, molecular biology, epidemiology and Parasitology
Master Degrees (By Research)
- MSc. Immunology
- MSc. Molecular Biology
PhD. Degrees (By research)
- PhD. Immunology
- PhD. Molecular Biology
- Molecular Biology
Degrees by Courses
Diploma/Masters Degree in Molecular Medicine
This degree in Molecular Medicine sets out to provide applicants with a thorough understanding of:
- The human genome at a molecular level.
- The integration of molecular and cellular biology in relation to human diseases.
- The molecular basis of human genetic disease.
- The molecular interactions between microbiological pathogens and the human host.
- The technology currently employed in molecular genetics and cell biology.
- The interaction between such technology and current clinical practice.
- The molecular basis of common human malignancies.
- The utilisation of knowledge on the molecular basis of human disease in planning and design of novel therapies, using phamacological agents or gene therapy.
- The ethical and legal aspects of molecular medicine as it impinge on clinical practice.
- A working appreciation of molecular and cellular biology at the practical level and development of the ability to perform independent research.
- The ability to apply bioinformatic and computational techniques in medical and biological research, and information retrieval